SKM Measurement Vehicle
for the high speed determination of the skid resistance of pavements based on the SKM procedure according the regulations of the German TP Griff-StB (SKM), edition 2007 and the European CEN TS 15901-8.
In principle our SKM measurement system can be integrated in every suitable chassis. Size and features are depending from the requested measurement focus.
If the focus is on a large amount of water for long measurement runs and measurement speeds up to 100 km/h even on ascending slopes, a chassis with a permissible gross weight of 18t (or higher, if possible) is recommended.
Such a chassis (18 t) can be fitted with a water tank with a capacity of up to 6.500 liter. Motorisations up to 460 kW/ 625 hp guarantee the correct measurement speed at higher ascending slopes.
If skid resistance measurements should be carried out on different types of roads (from the highway to the municipal roads), the use of a more compact chassis is recommended.
The water tank of such a chassis can have a capacity up to 6.000 liter, depending on the other requested equipment. The size of such a chassis allows the performance of skid resistance measurements even on smaller roads. Motorisations up to 220 kW/ 299 hp are possible.
It would be pleasure for us to check the suitability of your favorite chassis for the integration of a SKM measurement system.
Our SKM measurement vehicles offer you:
- Pneumatically controlled SKM measurement system with an obliquely-oriented SKM test wheel and a load cell for measuring the side force.
- Water supply tank for delivering a defined water film in front of the test wheel. A constant water film thickness is ensured by means of a speed-controlled dosing pump. The required quantity of water is transported in the built-in water tank of the vehicle body.
- Temperature sensors record the temperature of the road surface, air temperature, water temperature and the temperature of the contact surface of the test tyre.
- Integrated GPS system with a SIRF-DGPS correction system for the localization of the measurement data in addition to the speedometer data.
- A camera system in the front records an overview screen of the test run.
- The navigation and position recognition system NPS for track-guided test runs, developed by our company and now mandatory
- The camera system consisting of a reversing camera and a SKM camera for monitoring
- Computer system and power supply system
- Windows®-based software for control and data storage