Asphalt / Bitumen
Mastic-Asphalt Workability Tester IWS- GVM
A drop in the workability temperature of mastic asphalt allows great energy savings and thus significant cost reductions. In addition marked reduction of emissions during the production and handling of the mastic asphalt are realisable. And the environment benefits.
To assess the behavior of the several mastic asphalts during the production process with regard to possible temperature reductions the measurement device IWS-GVM has been developed.
The agitator with its force sensor will be lowered into the heatable sample vessel and starts to stir. Depending on the temperature of the mixed asphalt material the necessary force for the agitation differs. The force sensor measures these forces during the heating and temperature reduction cycles of the test material.
Via the connected PC the requested temperature cycles are controlled and the torque and temperature data will be recorded.
This test procedure is part of the „Merkblatt Temperaturabsenkung von Asphalt“ (Bulletin temperature reduction of asphalt) of the FGSV.
The IWS-GVM offers you:
- Test stand with heatable sample vessel and lowerable agitator
- fully automated temperature control according the requirements
- continuous force measurement at the agitator
- Control and data storage via the connected PC
- All-in-One-PC on a robust stainless steel stand with Windows®-based software for the control of the measuring procedure and the data storage
- Evaluation software for the generation of test reports including the graphical presentation of the force/ temperature cycles