Asphalt / Bitumen
Automatic Breaking Point Analyser IWS- BPA
for the determination of the Fraass breaking point according to DIN EN 12593:2015
Frost is a significant stress factor for bituminous road pavements. The “determination of the Fraass breaking point” is recognized as reliable indicator for the rheological characteristics of bitumen and bituminous binders at low temperatures.
The breaking point analyser IWS-BPA allows fully-automatic tests. It has been designed in its construction and measurement procedure to be aligned with the technical requirements of the European Standard.
The easy-to-use PC controls of the IWS-BPA and the automatically generated test reports featuring graphic charts simplify the daily work in the laboratory.
The IWS-BPA offers you:
- Fully-automated regulation of the flexures of the test plates
- Continuous force measurement up to the detection of the breaking-point with the force sensor at the bending apparatus
- PC-controlled, fully-automated regulation of the test chamber temperature with the internal, microprocessor controlled cooling system and the integrated temperature sensors
- Very fast test procedure as a result of the optimized control of the permissible cooling rates specified by the standard
- Test chamber with integrated digital camera for the observation of the flexure and glass insert for easy cleaning of the test chamber
- All-in-One-PC on a robust stainless steel stand with Windows®-based software for the control of the measuring procedure and the data storage
- Evaluation software for the generation of test reports including the graphical presentation of the force measurement and the cooling rate